Sunday, November 9, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude-Nov. 9

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, my sister Kristina gave us a cute idea. For the month of November, you are to write three things each day that you are thankful for. I have been so busy, stressed and overwhelmed with everything lately, that I figured it would do me good. So here it goes....starting from today anyway.
I cannot promise any deep thoughts, I am just writing what comes to mind first. If you want to join in on this 'challenge' of sorts, go right ahead!

1. I am grateful for my sisters. (I admit, this comes to mind because I just read Kris's blog...) But seriously, they are awesome. Amazing examples to me of selflessness, patience, love, you name it. They are always willing to help me with whatever, whenever. Even when it involves taking care of my kids and having to clean up throw-up (sorry Bec!), diarrhea, snot, tantrums, or whatever other fun things my kids produce and yet how you still have genuine love for them and me. I love you guys. I love that you no longer feel the need to secretly "ditch" me out the window!! haha

2. I am grateful for popcorn. It is indeed my absolute favorite food. In fact, I think I am starting to consider it it's own food group. Air popped, stove popped, microwave, kettle corn, caramel corn, movie theater, chicken popcorn, the red sticky coated pull-out-your-filling stuff my mom used to make, I LOVE it all!! I always used tell myself before going to a movie that I am not going to buy popcorn...ridiculously expensive...but as soon as I walk in the smell hits me and all hope is lost. I have since embraced the fact that if I go to a movie, I am getting popcorn too. There is one variety of popcorn, however, that I absolutely do NOT care for. "Peacock Popcorn". YUCK! It has this fruit-loop-flavor-like coating and it is just not good. A disgrace to popcorn in my mind! I am sorry Larson's, I hope you will not disown me for not liking this family favorite.

3. I am grateful for music. I love music. I love to sing. I am not good at it, but I love it anyways. I love how music can bring out so many different emotions. It can get you pumped up for a game, get you going, relax you, put you to sleep, make you want to dance or sing, make you cry, laugh, think. I love how music can invite the Spirit. If there is one regret from my childhood, it is that I gave up on piano lessons. (Although I am starting up with that again!) It seems to me like there would be something so satisfying about being able to sit down and play a beautiful piece. It's silly, but I used to wish that Julie Andrews would be my nanny (like in Sound of Music or Marry Poppins) so that she could teach me how to sing! I love musicals. It's a dream of mine to go to New York and see all the good Broadway shows.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think this is a great idea. I was actually thinking of starting a gratitude tag. This will work too.

Brianne said...

Amen to your list. Can I just copy it? HAHA! Popcorn is my best friend. I can eat it all day!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online