Thursday, November 13, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude - Nov. 13

I am just starting this and already I missed some days. So, just be grateful for what you get...I know I am! See? I am already feeling more grateful! :)

1. I am thankful for my Mom. I don't think I have ever met a more selfless person in my life. It doesn't matter if she is busy, sick, tired, you name it, she will help if help is asked for. Most of the time she helps without even needing to be asked, which is more amazing in my eyes. She constantly amazes me with how much she knows. I realize that I have wasted many years of my time here on earth by NOT soaking up all that I could from her. She seriously can do anything and most of what I can do I learned from her. So many people are amazed when I do something creative and I think nothing of it because, "My Mom always did it". She is an amazing lady. Her knowledge of the gospel is unreal. Her talents are many and extraordinary. Her love for her family infinite. What she doesn't already know how to do, she teaches herself. She has become a really good friend and I fear the day when she is no longer here.

2. I have hayfever/seasonal allergies really bad, and they suck. But I am so grateful that I, nor do my kids, have any food allergies. Autumn goes to preschool and there are rules about what all the kids are allowed to eat, even before they get to preschool, in case some gets on their clothes and another kid comes in contact with it. We have to make sure any juice or snacks that we bring don't contain anything "harmful" for these other kids. There are so many restaraunts that have the "Warning, may contain Peanuts" signs....so entire place is out for those with peanut allergies. There are so many ingredients in so many foods it would be a pain I think, to have to constantly be triple checking ingredients. I guess if I had to deal with it I would. But for now, I am grateful that I don't have to.

3. I am thankful for my kids. Tanner is a crazy handful, but he is constantly cracking me up. I love his facial expressions and his personality. I love when I get home and he runs to give me a hug. Half the time I am following in his path of destruction, cleaning things up as fast as he demolishing something else. But I love the kid and couldn't imagine my life without him. Autumn can be the sweetest little girl in the world...when she wants to. But I love it when she is. She is a lot like me in many ways and that makes me proud and also scares me. I guess it's true that your kids are like you, whether bad or good. She loves to do her 'projects', which is doing anything creative and artsy. She loves to be loved and always wants attention, which is hard sometimes, but she is very good at giving of her love too. They are awesome little munchkins and I am glad Heavenly Father felt me worthy enough to care for them!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Amen to the comments about mom! You did a great job putting into words how I feel as well.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online