Monday, November 17, 2008

Haircut Woes

For those of you who see my kids on a regular basis know that their hair is rather thin. Tanner is 21 months old. I decided on Sunday that I would give him a haircut. His FIRST haircut. Not a big deal to very many people I know, but I have been stressing over this for a few weeks now. Tanner's hair is like a "blankie" to other kids. The instant he is tired his hand goes to his hair. It's his comfort blanket. Plus I thought it gave him some character. Whether he just got out of bed with some serious "bed head" or whether I gave him a mow hawk, I thought it was adorable. Anyways, the first swipe with the hair cutter buzzer thing, I almost started crying! "I don't want to give him this haircut anymore!" I said to Scott. Honestly, I think the whole thing was way more traumatic for me than it was for Tanner. I went on with the haircut and held back the tears. The more chunks I buzzed off, the more and more he looked like a cancer patient losing his hair...it was already thin to begin with!

As soon as I was done with the back, Scott told Tanner to feel his hair. Tanner reached back to his usual grab spot and started crying for a moment with that sort of confused look. I tried to leave the top a bit longer so that it would be like a 'fohawk', but it ended up a bit shorter than I planned. So instead, he looks like he has one of the army crew cuts. He still plays with his hair when he is tired or sad, but he goes for the longer stuff on top instead of the stuff in the back. I decided to save a little of what I had cut off (his hair was almost 2 inches long...I measured) and I compared it to Autumn's. I always knew his was darker than Autumn's but holding the stuff side by side is amazing. Her hair is so white and his was a lot more golden brown than I had once thought. But now that there is almost nothing left, he looks a lot more blonde to me. Here are some pictures of the ordeal.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Oh what a a sad little face! He looks very cute though!

Harley said...

Tanner is so cute! About every picture that I have seen of him is cute. Wiether he is sad or not.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online