Thursday, May 1, 2008

Super Yard Sale


Oh yard sales. One of my favorite things to do is to go yard sale-ing with my girlfriend Sophia! Too bad the 30 minute drive from Kennewick to Richland puts a bit of a damper on doing that lately! This picture is of Sophia and I a few years back. We dressed up in some of the yard sale merchandise to attract some customers. I think all we attracted were some funny looks! :)
My sister's and I put on our second annual Super Yard Sale. We had about 8 contributors! Me, my sister Becky's family, my sister Kristina's family, Kristina's in-laws, my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law Matt, my brother Ken and my Mom and Dad. We were pricing and setting up for a week! But, I don't think any other yard sale had as many comments about being as organized or as well advertised as we did! My incredibly talented Mom sewed some gigantic signs to put up in our yard and in our neighbors yard advertising the sale. We had tons of people stop and tell us that they only stopped because of the signs...they weren't even yard sale-ing! My Mom had a little helium tank so we attempted to make a balloon arch, but we ran out of helium so it ended up being half an arch.
We had a constant flow of customers from 7 am to 2pm in the afternoon. People were still coming as we were trying to clean up! My Dad said he counted 35 people there at one time. But we got rid of a lot of stuff! Yes! Nothing feels better than de-junking! It is always amazing to see what people do and don't buy. Things you would never think would sell, end up selling and vise versa. I guess it validates the old saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". We ended up making over $1300 in that 7 hour time period. Pretty good.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Nice Outfits! and thanks for the yard sale advice for my mom! Are you totally bored now with no one at the house? I see you actually had time to blog though! :)

lauriemcmurt said...

Love the picture of you guys! I didn't know that you and Sophia were yard sale junkies ... very cool. My sister in law always finds the best stuff! Also Congrats on the big payoff - $1300 is a whole lot of moolah! I miss you guys.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online