Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Older Man

The big 30. It only comes once a lifetime. And it's here. Scott just turned 30 this month. It was a fun one for us. Linda asked us if we wanted to drive to Utah with her for Grandma Dahl's 80th birthday. It was Scott's spring break so we decided to go along. We got to spend time with family and attend Grandma's birthday bash and it was lots of fun. Scott opened presents on the morning of his birthday. The kids and I got him some shorts, slippers and best of all some really stylin' sunglasses from the dollar store!! (see picture below!) It was only a joke. I really was getting him a pair of Oakley's, courtesy of Amy & James. (Thanks again Amy & James!) It was funny though. The glasses from the dollar store were ugly and he didn't know what to say. I believe his words were, "Oh sunglasses...(long pause)...that don't even fit my head..." Hee hee hee

We also went out to eat at the Pizza Factory with the family. Then we headed to Stephanie's to sing Happy Birthday and to eat Scott's favorite Lemon cake with Lemon frosting. I put all 30 candles on the cake in shape of the number 30. I threw in a few magic candles too...the ones that relight after you blow them out. We all thought it was funny...Scott "claims" to have "known" because of how they were 'sparking'. Party pooper. Ha ha
I hope you had a good Birthday Scott! When are you gonna start acting your age??! :)

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online