Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Big 2 for Tanner!

Tanner turned two years old today! Time sure does fly. So much has happened in these last two years for my "Tanner Manner". So many firsts. Smiling, laughing, crawling, walking, and so much more! I love this kid. He is so funny. Yesterday I was talking to him about his birthday and the conversation went something a little like this:

Me: "Tanner it's your Birthday tomorrow! You are going to be 2 years old!"
Tanner: "Yes." (Only when he says yes it is more like "yeass")
Me: "Can you say 'two'?"
Tanner: "Two"
Me: "So how old are you going to be tomorrow Tanner?"
Tanner: "Four."
Me: "No you're going to be two Tanner. Can you say 'two'?"
Tanner: "Two."
Me: "Yeah. How old are you going to be tomorrow?"
Tanner: "Four."

I knew his birthday was coming but for some reason it didn't hit me until yesterday...evening. I hadn't even gotten his gifts yet. I know, I know. Total procrastinator. I will blame it on what I am calling my "pregnancy brain". I think it get's worse with every pregnancy! Anyways, I took Autumn and Tanner to the store and tried unsuccessfully to get his presents without him really seeing what we were getting. Oh well. He is only two...he wont remember! ;)

He had fun opening his gifts. And of course Autumn was right there next to him "helping" all the while! I think all of his gifts were a big hit! He didn't want to stop playing with them to get into the tub...which is saying a lot because he will always drop everything to take a bath! He loves baths! He was really funny with his cake. The first bite he tried to use the fork and then he just started taking bites 'hands free' off of the plate! I made him a Batman rainbow chip cake. I wasn't going to do anything special for the cake...then I started reminiscing about Autumn's birthdays and the cakes that I did for her and it made me feel bad that I wasn't doing the same for Tanner! Anyways, it wasn't anything really grand but I think he liked it!

Happy Birthday to my Tanner (aka: Tanner Manner, lil' Turkey, Stinker, Tanner Boy, TJ, Tanner James, Buddy, Buddy Boy & Monkey)!! I love you Tanner!







6 comments:

Melissa said...

How cute! That is so funny that he says he is 4. That's what Gavin says too. He must like Batman hence the cake. Gavin is obsessed with Batman! How funny! :) We really need to get together sometime. Call me! When are you due anyway? TTYL, Melissa

Danielle and Matt said...

we better not ask him old we will be he is going to make us older too and i wont be happy. i already feel too old haha

Uila said...

hey hey larsons!
so i just started a blog and i'm going to add you as my friend. what do you think?:)! hope all is well with you washingtonians.
love the peauas

Kris said...

Great job on the cake! Its a masterpiece! Congrats again on the baby Mommy!

Jeff said...

Allie, when are you going to post again? I don't know what is taking up all of your time. What with three little rapscallions to take care of, volleyball practices, and taking care of the house, you should have plenty of time to blog. (note the sarcastic undertone) I just like seeing your posts, pictures and hearing the funny stories.

Becky said...

Hey, I know we're all busy but lets see something new :) First day of school pictures?!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online